M.E COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
About the Department
The faculty of Computer Science & Engineering is the soul of many engineering branches. This field is instrumental in bringing the world to where it is today. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) course was started in our institution in the year 2011. Our department has 22 dedicated, well-qualified and experienced faculty members who are specialists in the areas of Database, Data Mining, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Image Processing, Wireless Network, Artificial Neural Networks’, Information Security and Programming Languages. They actively involve themselves in research activities in the field of their specialization. They have published a number of papers in Journals and Conferences of National and International repute. The department attributes its success to the creative and innovative outlook of its students also. It encourages students to participate in numerous symposiums and to present papers in them. Students are also made to undergo in-plant training programs, where they hone their technical skill in the realm of computers.
To produce competent Computer Science Engineers through Quality Education and Research.
The department strives to contribute to the expansion of knowledge in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering by,
- adopting an efficient teaching learning process in correlation with industrial needs.
- ensuring technical proficiency, facilitating to pursue higher studies and carry out R&D activities.
- developing problem solving and analytical skills with sound knowledge in basic sciences and Computer Science Engineering.
- inculcating managerial skills to become socially responsible, ethical and competitive professionals.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
PEO1: Build competent professionals rendering expertise to the multi-disciplinary projects for meeting the industrial and societal needs in an effective manner.
PEO2: Create sustained learners to bring out novel ideas in addressing the research issues and challenges.
PEO3: Develop professional skills in graduates to prepare them for immediate employment and for lifelong learning in advanced areas of computer science and related fields.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
10. Communication: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific outcomes
An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve Practical problems.
An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document.
Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.