INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty and supporting staff in various fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. All the staff members meet the requirements as prescribed by AICTE and Anna University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the student in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
i) Lecture Method and Interactive Learning:
- Audiovisual aids, chalk and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
- Tutorial Sessions for Problem-Oriented subjects are done by two faculty members.
- During the lecture hour, first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class that too done by the students and the last 5 minutes is used to give a summary of the current class. Hence the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
ii) Application Based Learning:
- Students are encouraged to attend workshops from 2nd year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/ mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
- All third-year students are encouraged to do mini projects and are asked to submit the same before the commencement of exams.
- Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry during vacations.
- Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real-time operation.
- Involving the students in various coding and testing contest like TCS Testimony and TCS Code vita Contest.
iii) Practical Learning:
- Practical exercises are taught in the laboratory.
- Virtual Lab exercises are given to the students.
- In addition to the experiments given in the syllabus, students are instructed to practice additional experiments as suggested by the concerned by the faculty.
- Software’s like MATLAB and ETAP are used to develop power system applications.
- Laboratories are accessible for the students during the scheduled periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
- Charts are displayed in laboratories through which the students can gain a basic idea about different circuit and machines.
- Industrial visits are organized for the students to acquire the knowledge about the real-time applications.
iv) Hi-tech classroom:
- All classrooms are equipped with projector facility.
- All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-Fi access with air-conditioned facility.
v) Other Innovative Teaching methods adopted by the faculty
- Real-Time Demonstration – Models are displayed in laboratories.
- Industry Projects– Students are encouraged and guided by faculty members to do real time projects in various industries during their final semester.
- Online courses – Faculties and advanced learners are encouraged to attend the NPTEL Online cortication courses related to electrical stream.
- Google classrooms: Assignments and placement relevant materials are posted in the Google class room for ease assessing.
- College automation software – Each student is provided with a personal login to take placement training and its assessment.
- Website – Each student can download Course Material, Syllabus, Question bank, Assignment topics and NPTEL video links.
- Industry Supported Lab– Conduction of STE-SDC training for the students under Tessolve Semiconductor Test Engineering Laboratory to enhance technical knowledge.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Name of the Course||Objective||Public Usage||Online Link|
|1||Dr. P. Elamurugan||Control and Instrumentation Lab|
|To provide knowledge on analysis and design of control system along with basics of instrumentation||Faculty and students of the EEE/ECE department across India||http://controlsystemsacademy.com/index.html|
|2||Mrs. S. Preetha||Power System Simulation Lab|
|To provide better understanding of power system analysis through digital simulation||Faculty and students of the EEE department across India||http://vp-dei.vlabs.ac.in/Dreamweaver/|
|3||Mr. M. Balamurugan||Electrical Machines lab||To expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines and transformers and give them experimental skill||Faculty and students of the EEE department across India||http://em-iitr.vlabs.ac.in/|
|4||Mr. A. Jainulafdeen||Power Electronics Lab||To provide understanding capability with power electronic converters and testing||Faculty and students of the EEE department across India||http://ied-nitk.vlabs.ac.in/|
|5||Dr.K.Umamaheswari||Electric Circuits Virtual Lab||To simulate various electric circuits and verification of theorems.||Faculty and students of the EEE/ECE department across India||http://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=1&brch=75|