INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty members in Electronics and Communication engineering. All the staff members meet the requirement as prescribed by AICTE and Anna University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the students in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
LECTURE METHOD AND INTERACTIVE LEARNING
- Audiovisual aids, chalk, and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
- Tutorial sessions for problem-oriented subjects are done by two faculty members.
- During the lecture hour, the first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class that too done by the students and the last 5 minutes are used to give a summary of the present class. Hence the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
APPLICATION BASED LEARNING
- Students are encouraged to attend workshops from IInd Year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
- All third-year students are encouraged to do mini projects and are asked to submit the same before the commencement of exams.
- Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry in the industry during vacations.
- Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real-time operation.
- Involving the students in various coding and testing contests like TCS Testimony and TCS Code vita contest.
- Practical classes are taught in the laboratory.
- Virtual lab exercises are demonstrated to the students.
- In addition to the experiments given in the syllabus, students are instructed to practice additional experiments as suggested by the concerned faculty.
- Software’s like MATLAB, P-spice, Network simulator, Cadence, etc., are used in the development of applications.
- Laboratories are accessible for the students during the scheduled periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
- Charts are displayed in laboratories through which the students can gain a basic idea about different Software packages.
- Students are taken to the industries through industrial visits through that acquiring knowledge about real-time applications.
- All classrooms are equipped with a projector facility.
- All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-Fi access with the air-conditioned facility.
OTHER INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODS ADOPTED BY THE FACULTY
- Real-Time Demonstration – Models are displayed in laboratories.
- Industry Projects– Students are encouraged and guided by faculty members to do real-time projects in various industries during their final semester.
- Online courses – Online courses are being conducted through NPTEL, Texas Instruments and Internshala online courses and Google classrooms so that students can post and clear their doubts at any time without hesitation and can download course materials.
- College automation software – Each student is provided with a personal login wherein they can download Course Material, Syllabus and Question bank, Assignment topics, Short videos, and NPTEL video links.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Faculty||Name of the Course||Objective||Public Usage||Online Link|
|1||Mr.C.Moorthy||Advanced Network Technologies||1. To impart state-of-the-art knowledge on advanced topics in Computer Networks in an interactive manner through the Web
2.Introduce the concept of network simulation to the students
3.Involve students in analytical studies of Computer Networks through network simulation
|Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/ant/1/|
|2||Mrs.K,Kalaichelvi||Digital Signal Processing Lab||Aims to provide a virtual laboratory platform for undergraduate Engineering students studying the course of Digital Signal Processing..||Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/dsp/#|
|3||Mr.T.Sivalingam||Basic Electronics Lab||To perform experiments in the Basic Electronics labs virtually and yet have close to real-life experience. The platform is focused on learning aspects as much as on performing the experiments.||Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/be/|
|4||Dr.P.S.Gomathi||Signals and Systems Lab||To share knowledge, data, voice, video, tools, and many other resources. It provides a suitable environment to extend, improve, integrate, refine, and assist the learning and/or experimentation process of many subjects, thus contributing to an increase of the effectiveness of scientific research and widening the use of scarce or costly equipment||Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://ssl-iitg.vlabs.ac.in/ourwork.html|
|5||Dr.M.Sundaram||Electrics Circuits Virtual Lab||An electric circuit is composed of individual electrical components such as resistors, inductors, capacitors, etc to trace the current that flows through it. The combination of electrical components can perform various simple and compound electrical operations.||Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=1&brch=75|
|6||Mrs.R.Dhayabarani||RF and Microwave Characterization Lab||Analysis and simulation of various components and devices to understand the basics of RF and microwave engineering.||Faculty and students of the ECE department||http://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php|