INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty members in Electronics and Communication Engineering. All the staff members meet the requirement as prescribed by AICTE and Anna University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the students in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
LECTURE METHOD AND INTERACTIVE LEARNING
- Audio visual aids, chalk and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
- Tutorial sessions for problem oriented subjects are done by two faculty members.
- During the lecture hour, first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class that too done by the students and the last 5 minutes are used to give a summary of the present class. Hence the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
|SL. NO.||NAME OF THE SUBJECT||LINK|
|1||RF and Microwave Engineering||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lqXb14c0I&list=PLZjlBaHNchvMiplklRba2pTBuE7TaSvQX|
|2||Optical Communication and Networks||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4S9p-mMq3o|
|3||Embedded and Real Time Systems||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9RAhEfLfJs&list=PL90187D2B8F5AC28F|
|4||Digital Image Processing Advanced Computer Architecture||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0AnFKYl7sg&list=PLLDC70psjvq7765_splMFlBmM37NWnOj3|
|6||Advanced Computer Architecture||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzMyXmzL8M&list=PL13FD5F00C21BBC0B|
APPLICATION BASED LEARNING:
- Students are encouraged to attend workshops from IInd Year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
- All third-year students are encouraged to do mini projects and are asked to submit the same before the commencement of exams.
- Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry in the industry during vacations.
- Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real time operation.
- Involving the students in various coding and testing contest like TCS Testimony and TCS Code vita contest.
- Practical classes are taught in the laboratory.
- Virtual lab exercises are demonstrated to the students.
- In addition to the experiments given in the syllabus, students are instructed to practice additional experiments as suggested by the concerned faculty.
- Software’s like Matlab, P-spice, Network simulator, Cadence, etc., are used in the development of applications.
- Laboratories are accessible for the students during the schedule periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
- Charts are displayed in laboratories through which the students can gain a basic idea about different Software packages.
- Students are taken to the industries through industrial visit through that acquiring the knowledge about the real time applications.
- All classrooms are equipped with projector facility.
- All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-Fi access with air-conditioned facility.
OTHER INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODS ADOPTED BY THE FACULTY
- Real-Time Demonstration – Models are displayed in laboratories.
- Industry Projects– Students are encouraged and guided by faculty members to do real time projects in various industries during their final semester.
- Online courses – Online courses are being conducted through NPTEL online courses and Google classrooms so that students can post and clear their doubts at any time without hesitation and can download course materials.
- College automation software – Each student is provided with a personal login wherein they can download Course Material, Syllabus, Question bank, Assignment topics, Short videos and NPTEL video links.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE IN COLLEGE WEB SITE
VIRTUAL LAB DETAILS
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Course||Objective||Public Usage||Online Usage|
|Mr.A.Ram Prakash||Digital Electronics Lab||To provide hands-on experience in understanding the basics of building elements of Digital Circuits, Combinational and Sequential Logic Circuits and able to perform various experiments to supplement their theoretical understanding of digital electronics.||To all ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/dec/|
|Mrs.R.Dhayabarani & Mr.R.R.Jegan||DSP Virtual Lab||To enhance the knowledge on the sampling, Quantization, LTI Systems, IIR & FIR Filters and various transform domain.||To all III ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/dsp/|
|Dr.P.S.Gomathi||Signals and System Lab||To provide the knowledge on basic properties of Signals and Systems, Sampling and reconstruction of Signal and LTI System.||To all II ECE Students||http://ssl-iitg.vlabs.ac.in/|
|Mr.T.Sivalingam||Electric Circuits Virtual Lab||It provides the knowledge about an electric circuit which is composed of individual electrical components such as resistors, inductors, capacitors etc to trace the current that flows through it. The combination of electrical components can perform various simple and compound electrical operations.||To all ECE Students||http://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=1&brch=75|
|Mr.A.Ram Prakash||Digital VLSI Design Virtual lab||To have an knowledge about logic gates, oscillators, multipliers and their characteristics||To all III ECE Students||https://www.iitg.ac.in/cseweb/vlab/vlsi/|
|Mrs.K.Kalaichelvi||Basic Electronics Virtual Laboratory||Available 24X7. So students can learn difficult concepts at their own pace.Real looking components, to give the user a feel of the real laboratory.Step by step wizard to guide the students through the experiments.||To all ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/be/|
|Mr.C.Moorthy & Mr.R.Ragupathy||Analog Signals, Network and Measurement Virtual Laboratory||In this laboratory, students will get to explore and learn various concepts regarding analog electrical signals, networks and measurement of various electrical components. The experiments are developed on open source web based platforms, so that the student doesn’t need to download or install any third party application. Each experiments are designed in such a way that, the student first get to learn the theories well and then perform the experiment to enhance their knowledge.||To all ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/asnm/|
|Mrs.P.Poornima & Mr.R.Krishnan||Real Time Embedded Systems||Real time embedded systems (RTES) are microprocessors, micro-controllers or DSP based embedded systems which not only deliver correct results but also deliver immediately when these results are recorded. That’s why it is called ‘real time’. RTES are not general programmable computer, but are highly efficient, fast and reliable computing systems that are mainly used in medical, aeronautical and military applications. In this laboratory, we will be exploring different aspects and features of RTES through some simulation experiments.||To all ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/rtes/|
|Mrs.S.Keerthana & Ms.D.S.Priyanka||Logic Design and Computer Organization Virtual Lab||The Virtual Laboratory is an interactive environment for creating and conducting simulated experiments: a playground for experimentation. It consists of domain-dependent simulation programs, experimental units called objects that encompass data files, tools that operate on the objects.The Objective is to Expose the students to the various key aspects of Digital Logic and Computer Organization by enabling them to perform FPGA based prototyping of experiments with support of a virtual environment. The primary need for virtualisation here is multifold.|
1.Digital Logic and Computer Organization are core courses in most of the Undergraduate Curricula of the entire
2.Many colleges/institutes cannot procure sufficient number of FPGA boards for their students.
|To all ECE Students||http://vlabs.iitkgp.ernet.in/coa/|
|Dr.M.Sundaram & Mr.S.Satish||Very Large Scale Integration Lab||This lab provides good understanding and learning opportunity of VLSI designing for users. There are ten experiments in this lab, which covers following aspects of VLSI designing.||To all ECE Students||http://cse14-iiith.vlabs.ac.in/|
|Mrs.K.Kalaichelvi||Image Processing Lab||The primary objective of this virtual lab is to supplement an undergraduate level course on image processing and enable students to understand the subject better. The lab consists of a diverse set of experiments with objective, theory, assessment, references and interactive examples which are designed to improve the clarity in understanding of the basic concepts. It is important that the student goes through the objectives and the underlying theory before carrying out the experiments to get maximum benefit. The lab is intended to help in clarifying concepts. It is not intented for learning how to write code to do image processing||To all ECE Students||http://cse19-iiith.vlabs.ac.in/|