INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty and supporting staff in various fields of Computer Science and Engineering. All the staff members meet the requirements as prescribed by AICTE and Anna University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the student in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
i) Lecture Method and Interactive Learning:
- Audiovisual aids, chalk, and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
- Tutorial Sessions for Problem-Oriented subjects are done by two faculty members.
- During the lecture hour, first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class that too done by the students and the last 5 minutes is used to give a summary of the current class. Hence the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
ii) Application Based Learning:
- Students are encouraged to attend workshops from 2nd year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/ mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
- All third-year students are encouraged to do mini projects and are asked to submit the same before the commencement of exams.
- Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry during vacations.
- Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real-time operation.
- Involving the students in Various coding and testing contest like TCS Testimony and TCS Code vita Contest.
iii) Practical Learning:
- Practical exercises are taught in the laboratory.
- Virtual Lab Exercises are given to the students.
- In addition to the experiments given in the syllabus, students are instructed to practice additional experiments as suggested by the concerned by the faculty.
- Software’s like Android Studio, Oracle, Net Beans, Eclipse, Argo UML are used in the development of applications.
- Laboratories are accessible for the students during the scheduled periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
- Charts are displayed in laboratories through which the students can gain a basic idea about different Software packages.
- Students are taken to the industries through industrial visit through that acquiring the knowledge about the real-time applications.
iv) Hi-tech classroom:
- All classrooms are equipped with projector facility.
- All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-Fi access with air-conditioned facility.
v) Other Innovative Teaching methods adopted by the faculty
- Real-Time Demonstration – Models are displayed in laboratories.
- Industry Projects– Students are encouraged and guided by faculty members to do real time projects in various industries during their final semester.
- Online courses – Online courses are being conducted through NPTEL online courses and google classrooms so that students can post and clear their doubts at any time without hesitation and can download course materials.
- College automation software – Each student is provided with a personal login to take placement training and its assessment.
- Website – Each student can download Course Material, Syllabus, Question bank, Assignment topics,and NPTEL video links.
vi) Oracle Academy ilearning Centre
- Students are encouraged to have the certification course through the industry supported Oracle Academy ilearning center.
- Students are provided with their personal login in order to get their certification through Oracle as like classroom environment.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Name of the Course||Objective||Public Usage||Online Link|
|1||Mrs.S.Gunasekaran||Operating System Lab||To implement various CPU Scheduling algorithms, Process Creation, Deadlock detection||Faculty and students of the CSE/IT department across India||Click to View|
|2||Mrs.P.Latha||C Programming Lab
|To develop programs in C Using Basic Constructs, Strings, Pointers, functions, and Structures||Faculty and students of the CSE/IT department across India||Click to View|
|3||Mr.P.Anbumani||Oracle ilearning||Oracle iLearning provides a complete infrastructure for organizations to manage, deliver, and track training for online and classroom-based environments.||Faculty and students of CSE/IT with Login Credentials||Click to View|
|4||Mr.K.Gunalan||Artificial Neural Networks Lab
|To provide hands-on experience in understanding the basics of ANN models, and the pattern recognition tasks they perform.||Any student can access the course||Click to View|
|5||Dr.S.Karthi||Computer Architecture & Organization Lab
|The Objective is to Expose the students to the various key aspects of Digital Logic and Computer Organization by enabling them to perform FPGA based prototyping of experiments with the support of a virtual environment.||Any student can access the course||Click to View|
|6||Mr.S.Prabhakaran||Wireless Sensor Network Remote Triggered Lab(Virtual Lab)||This lab is envisioned to provide practical experience of designing, deploying and implementing wireless sensor networks in both indoor and outdoor conditions.||Any student can access the course||Click to View|