INNOVATIVE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty and supporting staff in various fields of Biomedical Engineering. All the staff members meet the requirements as prescribed by AICTE and Anna University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the student in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
i) Lecture Method and Interactive Learning:
- Audiovisual aids, chalk, and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
- During the lecture hour, the first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class and the last 5 minutes is used to give a summary of the current class. Hence, the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
ii) Application Based Learning:
- Students are encouraged to attend workshops from the 2nd year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/ mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
- Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry during vacations.
- Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real-time operation.
iii) Practical Learning:
- Practical exercises are taught in the laboratory.
- Virtual Lab exercises are given to the students.
- In addition to the experiments given in the syllabus, students are instructed to practice additional experiments as suggested by the concerned by the faculties.
- Laboratories are accessible for the students during the scheduled periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
iv) Hi-tech classroom:
- All classrooms are equipped with a projector facility.
- All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-fi access.
v) Other Innovative Teaching methods adopted by the faculty
- Online courses – Online courses are being conducted through NPTEL online courses and google classrooms so that students can post and clear their doubts at any time without hesitation and can download course materials.
- Website – Each student can download Course Material, Syllabus, a Question bank, Assignment topics, and NPTEL video links.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Faculty||Name of the Course||Objective||Public Usage||Online Link|
|1||Ms.P.Logambika||Bio-Chemistry Lab||1. Estimation and quantification of biomolecules.|
2. Separation of macromolecules.
3. Estimation and interpretation of biochemical parameters.
|Faculty and students of the Biomedical department across India||https://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=3&brch=63|
|2||Mr.M.Kaviyarasu||Pathology and Microbiology Lab||1.Use Compound microscope|
2.Practice on chemical examinations, Cryoprocessing, Histopathological examinations, etc.
|Faculty and students of the Biomedical department across India||https://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=3&brch=76|