The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India’s leading recognized professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953, it serves more than 70,000 members through various centres.
The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance on national development and economy. The Government of India has recognized IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified it as an educational institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE are to focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors’ technical meetings, conferences, symposia and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
Benefits of Student Forum
The IETE Students Forum shall have the following broad objectives:
- To plan and organize technical programmes and activities, such as, special lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, exhibitions etc. for the benefit of student members on a regular basis.
- To provide a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and information on the topics of their interest e.g. curriculum, employment / higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, new development etc;
- To facilitate technical visits / practical training / project work / employment, of the student members in R&D laboratories, industries, academic institutions etc;
- To encourage team work and the spirit of self-reliance among the student members;
- To serve as a focal point at the institution on all aspects of professional development of the student members.
IETE Students Forum (ISF)
ISF at VSB Engineering College was inaugurated by Prof K.Gangadharan, Immediate Past Chairman of IETE Coimbatore centre, on Feb.16, 2009.